Telehealth & Patient Portal
Abrams Dermatology is one of the first dermatology practices in the area to offer its patients Telehealth services. Telehealth can be used for minor issues like acne flares, eczema flare, and skin lesion and thousands of other skin conditions. It is a great service that allows patients to receive diagnosis from one of our providers while avoiding the commute to the doctor’s office. A prescription can be sent directly to the patient’s pharmacy if needed.
Telehealth is reshaping how healthcare services are rendered to patients as it delivers virtual care over a distance using a smart phone application that is downloaded to the patient’s phone. Telehealth is a great way to offset the average 20 days wait time to schedule a 20 minute appointment with a Dr. Abrams or Sheryl Wilson, ARNP that with travel and waiting can consume a few hours of an individual’s time.
Telehealth makes healthcare services more accessible, convenient and reduce costs. Telehealth is a service offered to established patients and is not a replacement for regular in-office visits. A yearly full body exam at the office is still recommended.
We are seeing Patients (and new patients) via Telehealth (online e-visit) and answering your calls.
Fill out the form below, Call (941) 926-2300 or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to activate Telehealth.
Click Here to BOOK a TELEHEALTH Appointment
The Patient Portal allows you to manage your healthcare from anywhere you have Internet access. Fully integrated with our cloud-based EHR system, EMA®, our modern, convenient patient portal makes it easy for patients to review and update their medical records, schedule appointments, access test results, send private messages and much more.
Click the link PATIENT PORTAL to access portal
Benefits of Our Telehealth Online Visits:
- Consult with Dr. Abrams or Sheryl Wilson, ARNP online – and on your time
- Set up an online dermatology visit for yourself, your child, or another dependent
- Get a personalized treatment plan in 1 business days or sooner (typically in under 1 hr)
- Pick up appropriate prescriptions at your preferred pharmacy
- Telehealth visits are covered by Medicare and most insurances
- WE ARE WAIVING ALL THE PATIENT’S COSTS
- AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE, WITH OR WITHOUT INSURANCE, PATIENT OR NEW PATIENT
Follow These Steps:
- Call our office at 941.926.2300 – you’ll be asked for some information to set you up for a Telehealth visit
- Our team will give you access to your Patient Portal by sending you an email
- Click on the link sent to you in your email and set your password for Patient Portal. Make a note of the email you used and password for future reference
- Download the PocketPatient™ application to your mobile device
- If you have an Apple phone, click here to download the app
- If you have an Android phone, click here to download the app
- Or search for “Modmed Telehealth” and select the application that says “PocketPatient, Modernizing Medicine”
- Log in to PocketPatient™ with the following information:
- Practice or Provider URL: premierdermdocs.ema.md
- Username: the email you used to access your Patient Portal
- Password: the password you created for Patient Portal
- Once you have logged in to PocketPatient™, make sure that notifications are turned on
- Request an e-visit directly with the provider of your choice
- Answer a few questions about your current condition and submit your request
- Your provider will send you an appointment time for you to have an audio/video call using your mobile phone
- To prepare for the appointment time:
- Be ready to receive a call from your provider 5 minutes ahead of the designated time
- Find a quiet, private space where you can have a confidential session with your provider
- Check to make sure your ringer is turned on so you hear the call come in
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are Virtual Visits Only Available for Certain Conditions?
A: We can help with more than 3,000 skin, hair and nail conditions via our online dermatology care. The most common conditions we treat are acne, suspicious moles, rosacea, eczema and psoriasis.
Q: Is This Service Covered by Insurance?
A: Online care is covered by Medicare and most insurance plans.
Q: What If I Need a Skin Biopsy or In-Office Procedure?
A: If your doctor determines an in-office procedure is needed, please contact our staff to schedule an appointment as soon as possible. Additional visit costs or insurance claims will apply.
Q: Are My Personal Health Information and Photos Kept Confidential?
A: Yes! Our online dermatology care platform is secure and 100% HIPAA and HITECH compliant.
Dr. Abrams is excited to provide Telehealth services to increase patient care and follow ups as it is a great tool for patients with chronic conditions such as psoriasis and Eczema as well as minor issues such as mosquito bites. Any current patient can access Telehealth services using a secure app. Any treatment performed or prescription ordered is documented in the patient chart.
This visit note is accessible to the patient but not to the insurance since it is an out-of-pocket expense. With the increase in patient deductible and copay, it can be beneficial for patients to use this service instead of using their insurance. We can provide care to our “Snowbirds” returning up north during the summer time. Patients can open a Telehealth case anytime, text with Dr. Abrams or our Nurse Practitioner and send pictures of their condition. We can provide a diagnosis and submit a prescription to the patient’s pharmacy if necessary and continue the care at the office upon the patient return.
Telehealth is easy to use and available for any of our current patients seen in the office within the last 6 months. Patients download the application on their smartphone. The office sends a link by email to access the Telehealth application and instructions on how to access it.
Telehealth is used only for minor issues and chronic conditions and the cost is currently $75 out-of-pocket (not covered by insurance). Dr. Abrams or our Nurse Practitioner (depending on who you select) will respond within one business day.
Patients should know that even if they submit a Telehealth e-visit, Dr. Abrams or Sheryl Wilson, ARNP may need to evaluate the case further in the office. Everything will be accommodated via Telehealth and the practice will communicate if the patient needs to come into the office.
Please call us today (941)926-2300 to activate your Telehealth service at no cost.
Appropriate cases are acne, rashes, skin lesions, sunburns, discolorations, skin irritation, hair loss and any non-urgent conditions.
We recommend patients with a history of melanoma to avoid using Telehealth. Bleeding following surgery or emergency situation should be performed at the office. Full body exam and pregnant woman visit should be performed in the office.