- 2016 – One of the first dermatologist on the west coast of Florida to be selected to receive the Certified Masters Class Hands-on training workshop for Silhouette InstaLift.
- 2015 -One of the first physician chosen in the west coast of Florida to be trained to treat submental fat, known as double-chin using FDA approved injectable KybellaTM.
- 2015 – One of the first dermatologist on the west coast of Florida to be certified in the hand-rejuvenation treatment of FDA approved injectable dermal filler Radiesse®
- On-going training on Sculptra Aesthetic with world renowned, multi-award winning Cosmetic Dermatologist and top-requested international physician trainer Dr. Shino Bay Aguilera
- 2009- Trained in Sculptra Aesthetic by world recognize doctors including Dr. Rebecca Fitzgerald, Master International Trainer and Dr. Danny Vleggaar, a pioneer of the new standard techniques for injecting PLLA for facial sculpting at the Nouvelle Clinique Verte in Geneva.
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, MO 1989
B.A. in Psychology
- Boston University (Cum Laude), Boston, MA 1982
- The Dermatology Center, Philadelphia, PA 1991-1994
- Parkview Hospital Philadelphia, PA 1989-1990
- Abrams, Benedetto, Humeniuk; Esuberant Kelodial Formation, JAOA vol.93 No8 August 1993 Pg. 863-865
- Schleicher, Milstein, Abrams, Apocrine hidrocystoma. Jour.of Derm. Surg. Onco. 1992, 0148-0812
- Offreda, Kantor, Abrams, Levin, Cutaneous Pleomorphic Fibroma Submitted JAAD
- Abrams, Schleicher, Crane; Pretibial Myxedema Consultant March, 1993, Vol.33 NO.
- American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology, 1994
- Fellow of the American Society of Mohs Surgery
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
- American Academy of Osteopathic Medicine
- Doctors Hospital of Sarasota, FL
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital, Sarasota FL
- Compare the safety and effectiveness of ORACEA for Rosacea (2012 modified release), ORCA, 2009
Bradley J. Abrams, D.O., FAAD and Mohs Surgeon
Bradley Abrams, DO is a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology and American Society of Mohs Surgery. He is certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology and American College of Mohs Surgery.
Dr. Abrams is one of the top dermatologic surgeons in this area with over 20 years’ experience. He specializes in treating diseases of the skin and uses the MOHS technique in the treatment of skin cancers.
Dr. Abrams is recognized as a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine. The osteopathic philosophy focuses on a holistic approach to practicing medicine, meaning treating the patient as a whole—not just the symptoms or injuries. This holistic approach acknowledges that all the body systems are interconnected and that the musculoskeletal system is especially important in reflecting and affecting the condition of all the other systems. Osteopathic schools require up to 200 hours of manipulation training on top of the medical coursework, demonstrating the emphasis placed on the musculoskeletal system. This training teaches students manual therapy and manipulation techniques, adding another tool to traditional forms of diagnosis and treatment to effectively care for patients.
Dr. Abrams is recognized as well as a Master Injector, training with some of the leaders in the cosmetic field and keeping up with the most current and innovative techniques. Dr. Abrams is one of the most recognized cosmetic dermatologists in the area for his expertise in the latest injectable and facial rejuvenation techniques. He is highly trained in cosmetic injections by world recognized doctors such as Dr. Rebecca Fitzgerald, a Master International Trainer, Dr. Danny Vleggaar, a pioneer of the new standard techniques for facial sculpting in Geneva and Shino Bay, world renowned, multi-award winning Cosmetic Dermatologist and Dermatologic Surgeon.
Dr. Abrams graduated from Boston University, Cum Laude, with a Degree in Psychology. He received his Osteopathic Medicine Degree from the College of Osteopathic Medicine in Kirksville, Missouri. Dr. Abrams is a former Clinical Associate of Dermatology at Thomas Jefferson University and completed a 3 year dermatology residency in Pennsylvania. Dr. Abrams has been practicing dermatology in Sarasota since 1994.
Bradley J. Abrams, D.O., FAAD and Mohs Surgeon
Masters of Science – Nursing, Adult Care Tract
- University of South Florida, 2009
Associate Degree Nursing
- Manatee Community College, ASN 1993
Certificate -Massage Therapist
- Sarasota School of Massage Therapy – LMT 1986
Certificate – Practical Nursing
- Sarasota County Technical Institute- LPN 1984
Certificate – Nurse Aide
- Sarasota County Technical Institute-CNA 1981
- ARNP-C is board certified by the Florida Board of Nursing and the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners.
- Member of the Manatee Council of Nurse practitioners,
- Member of the Sarasota Chapter of Nurse Practitioners,
- Member of the Florida Nurse Practitioner Network (FNPN)
- Member of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) certified.
- Certified with VBeam Laser Treatments
- Extensive training in injectable, fillers and toxins.
Sheryl Wilson, ARNP-C
Sheryl Wilson, ARNP-C is a licensed Nurse Practitioner with more than 20 years of experience in internal medicine ranging from Cardiology to Nephrology. She is certified with an Associate Degree in Nursing, and a Masters Degree of Science in Nursing and Nursing Education. Sheryl is certified in our VBeam Laser Treatments and has extensive injectable training with various fillers and toxins.
Sheryl Wilson, ARNP-C is board certified by the Florida Board of Nursing and the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. She is active in the community and is an active member of the Manatee Council of Nurse practitioners, the Sarasota Chapter of Nurse Practitioners, Florida Nurse Practitioner Network (FNPN) and the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) certified. Sheryl lives in Sarasota with her family and enjoys RV’ing and the outdoors.
ARNP-C stands for Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner Certified. An ARNP is registered nurse who has completed graduate level training and received a Masters degree in nursing. Sheryl passed a national board certification to become licensed as an ARNP. ARNP’s in dermatology are able to diagnose, treat, perform minor surgical procedures, and provide various cosmetic therapies. In addition to providing clinical care, ARNP’s also focus on health promotion, disease prevention, and patient education.
Sheryl Wilson, ARNP-C
Felicia Horn, LMA
Felicia Horn, Licensed Medical Aesthetician, joined us in July 2022. She enjoys learning about skincare and how it is always evolving to the latest trends. She highly values her clients and each of their individual needs. She specializes in Brow Tinting & Shaping and offers a variety of services including Hydrafacials, Microneedling, PRP, eMatrix, Chemical Peels and more.
Felicia works alongside Dr. Abrams and Sheryl Wilson, ARNP-C with targeted medical and cosmetic skin conditions. Felicia offers complimentary consultations to analyze your skin, develop a treatment plan based on your goals and budget and recommends product for your specific needs to optimize your results.
Felicia Horn, L.M.A.
Abrams Dermatology accepts most major medical insurance carriers. Below is a list of a few accepted carriers. If you are unsure if your plan is in network with our office please call the customer service number located on the back of your insurance card.
We are currently in the process of becoming a provider for a variety of other plans. Please call our office to check on the status of these new plans.
As all insurance plans are different, we ask that you check with your plan to see if you need a referral prior to seeing us. Please contact your primary care physician prior to your scheduling an appointment and ask them to send a referral to our office at (941) 926-8424. Thank you
As most cancer surgeries and medical dermatology treatments are covered by insurances, cosmetic treatments will not be covered. The packet provided by your insurance carrier will include detailed information about what is covered (or not covered) by your policy. The specific benefits for policies can vary widely and our staff can assist you in determining if a service will be covered by your insurance. However, you may
need to contact your insurance carrier directly for verification in case we are not able to obtain the information directly from your plan (usually out of states or specific group plan).
Although a procedure may be covered by your insurance, you may be responsible to pay for remaining deductible or co-insurance. Most policies require patients to pay a portion of their health care costs as an out-of-pocket expense. We are obligated, by contract, to collect co-payments, co-insurance, and deductibles on the day services are rendered.
We will file to both primary and secondary insurance on your behalf if we participate with your plans. Secondary insurance will usually pay out-of-pocket expenses for the balance remaining after the claim has been processed by primary insurance.
Please be aware that cosmetic services are not considered medically necessary and charges for these services will not be filed with your insurance carrier. Payment for any cosmetic services are due at time of service and in some case at time of booking the appointment.
We offer Care Credit financing options for out-of-pocket expenses, self-pay patients and procedures not covered.
We are currently contracted with these Insurance Carriers
Aetna • AvMed • Accountable Health Plans • Beech Street Network
• Florida Blue / Anthem BlueCross BlueShield (except Blue Select Plans)
• CCN Network • CIGNA • GEHA • First Health Network • Golden Rule • Gulf Coast Provider Network
• Healthcare Sarasota Network • HealthSmart • Health Options • HUMANA • Manatee Health Network
• Medicare • MultiPlan • One Health Plan • PHCS • Private Healthcare Systems • Railroad Medicare
• Tricare Standard (with Referral) • SMH insurance • United HealthCare • UHC AARP • UMR
• United Health Care • Varsity Health • Web TPA
*We currently do not accept Medicaid, Tricare (primary), Medicare HMO, Cigna Local Plus, and Blue Select.