Bradley J. Abrams, DO, FAAD and Mohs Surgeon
Dr. Abrams, D.O. is a licensed Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine who is A.O.B.D. Board Certified in Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery. He is noted as being one of the top dermatologic surgeons in this area.
Dr. Abrams, D.O. is a fellow of the American Society of Mohs Surgery and specializes in treating skin cancers using the Mohs tissue sparing procedure.Dr. Abrams, D.O. is exceptionally qualified to treat all of your medical skin conditions including Acne, Allergic reactions, Eczema, Fungal infections, Moles, Psoriasis, Rashes, Rosacea, Hair loss, Hair Herpes, Sun damage, Warts and more.
Dr. Abrams, D.O. graduated from Boston University, Cum Laude, with a Degree in Psychology. He recei ved his Osteopathic Medicine Degree from Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine in Kirksville, Missouri. Dr. Abrams, D.O. is a former Clinical Associate of Dermatology at Thomas Jefferson University. He completed a 3 year dermatology residency in Pennsylvania. Dr. Abrams, D.O. moved to Sarasota from Pennsylvania and has been practicing dermatology since 1994.
Dr. Abrams is a Fellow member of the American Academy of Dermatology
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, MO 1989
- B.A. in Psychology
- Boston University (Cum Laude), Boston, MA 1982
- Dermatology Residency
- The Dermatology Center, Philadelphia, PA 1991-1994
- Rotating Internship
- Parkview Hospital Phyladelphia, PA 1989-1990
Licenses, Certifications & Fellowship
- Certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology, 1994
- Fellow of the American Society of Mohs Surgery
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
Affiliations & Memberships
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society of Mohs Surgery
- Pennsylvania Osteopathic Medical Association
- Doctors Hospital of Sarasota, FL
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital, Sarasota FL
- Abrams, Benedetto, Humeniuk; Esuberant Kelodial Formation, JAOA vol.93 No8 August 1993 Pg. 863-865
- Schleicher, Milstein, Abrams., Apocrine hidrocystoma. Jour.of Derm. Surg. Onco. 1992, 0148-0812
- Ooffreda, Kantor, Abrams, Levin, Cutaneous Pleomorphic Fibroma Submitted JAAD
- Abrams, Schleicher, Crane ; Pretibial Myxedema Consultant March, 1993, Vol.33 NO.
- Compare the safety and effectiveness of Oracea for Rosacea (2012 modified release), ORCA, 2009
- 7/16/2016 - One of the first dermatologist on the west coast of Florida to be selected to received the Certified Masters Class Hands-on training workshop for Silhouette InstaLift
- 2015 -One of the first and only physician chosen in the Sarasota- Bradenton - North Port area to be trained by Kythera Biopharmaceuticals Inc. to treat submental fat, known as double-chin using FDA approved injectable KybellaTM.
- 2015 - One of the first dermatologist on the west coast of Florida to be certified in the hand-rejuvenation treatment of FDA approved injectable dermal filler Radiesse®
- On-going training on Sculptra Aesthetic with world renowned, multi-award winning Cosmetic Dermatologist and top-requested international physician trainer Dr. Shino Bay Aguilera
- 2009 - Trained in Sculptra Aesthetic by world recognize doctors including Dr. Rebecca Fitzerald, Master Insternational Trainer and education of Sculptra Aesthetic and Dr. Danny Vleggaar, a pioneer of the new standard techniques for injecting PLLA for facial sculpting at the Nouvelle Clinique Vert in Geneva
What is a D.O.?
While there are many similarities between osteopathic and allopathic physicians, there are also some important differences.
The osteopathic philosophy focuses on a holistic approach to practicing medicine, meaning treating the patient as a whole—not just the symptoms or injuries. This holistic approach acknowledges that all the body systems are interconnected and that the musculoskeletal system is especially important in reflecting and affecting the condition of all the other systems. Osteopathic schools require up to 200 hours of manipulation training on top of the medical coursework, demonstrating the emphasis placed on the musculoskeletal system. This training teaches students manual therapy and manipulation techniques, adding another tool to traditional forms of diagnosis and treatment to effectively care for patients.
Sheryl Wilson, ARNP-C
Sheryl Wilson, ARNP-C is a licensed Nurse Practitioner with more than 20 years of experience in internal medicine ranging from Cardiology to Nephrology. She is certified with an Associate Degree in Nursing, and a Masters Degree of Science in Nursing and Nursing Education. Sheryl is certified in our VBeam Laser Treatments.
Sheryl Wilson, ARNP-C is board certified by the Florida Board of Nursing and the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. Sheryl Wilson, ARNP-C is active in the community. She is a member of the Manatee Council of Nurse practitioners, the Sarasota Chapter of Nurse Practitioners, Florida Nurse Practitioner Network and the ANA. Sheryl Wilson, ARNP-C grew up in Venice, Florida. She now lives in Sarasota with her husband and her son. She enjoys the outdoors, animals, working out and spending time with her family.
What is an ARNP?
ARNP-C stands for Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner Certified. An ARNP is registered nurse who has completed graduate level training and received a master’s degree in nursing. Sheryl passed a national board certification to become licensed as an ARNP. ARNP’s in dermatology are able to diagnose, treat, perform minor surgical procedures, and provide various cosmetic therapies. In addition to providing clinical care, ARNP’s also focus on health promotion, disease prevention, and patient education.
- Masters of Science - Nursing, Adult Care Tract
- University of South Florida, 2009
- Associate Degree Nursing
- Manatee Community College, ASN 1993
- Certificate -Massage Therapist
- Sarasota School of Massage THerapy - lmt 1986
- Certificate - Practical Nursing
- Sarasota County Technical Institute- LPN 1984
- Certificate - Nurse Aide
- Sarasota COuntry Technical Institute-CNA 1981
- Florida Nurse Practitioner Network - Member
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners - Member
- American Nurses Association - Member
- Sarasota COuncil of Advanced Practice Nursing - Member
- Basic Life Support - Current
Catherine Deans, Medical Licensed Esthetician
Catherine Deans, L.E. and Certified Aesthetic consultant is a member of the Society of Dermatology and SkinCare Specialists. Her extensive background has been in the medical field working closely with plastic and reconstructive surgeons. She is highly experienced in correction and maintenance of sun-damaged, hyper-pigmented, aging and problem skin. Catherine works alongside Dr. Abrams and Sheryl Wilson, ARNP with targeted medical and cosmetic skin conditions. Catherine will analyze your skin, recommend products for your specific needs with a skin care routine to maximize and prolong your results.
Catherine’s expertise in multiple skin care modalities ranging from facials, microdermabrasion, Ematrix and microneedling will have your skin feeling healthy and radiant. Her knowledge of toxins and fillers will help you navigate treatment options suggested by Dr. Abrams and/or the ARNP.